Wednesday, October 5, 2011

September was busy

I've been very remiss in updating this blog lately, but that isn't to say there hasn't been anything to write about. First personal: I'm not working at the doll shop anymore but I suspect they might want me back for the Christmas season. We'll see. Paul and I finally got our NC driver's licenses -- just in time to move again in about half a year. Paul has officially committed to the PA relocation, though we knew that was coming. I finally saw an allergist for my chronic sinus symptoms and headaches. Turns out I'm not allergic to anything! He diagnosed non-allergic rhinitis. Basically my sinuses react to physical irritants like clouds of dust and pressure changes like temperature, elevation, and humidity fluctuations. I'm now using a prescription nasal spray which seems to be helping.
On a fun note, Paul and I enjoyed a good family visit in Florida. It was wonderful to catch up with Janice (a.k.a Mimi, Mom) and Jonn (a.k.a. Papa Jonn, Edy's Parrain). These have been tough times for them as Jonn continues to battle health issues. We're in awe of them both for their bravery and good spirits. Halfway through the trip I teamed up with Mama (a.k.a. Roxanne, MaMere) and Colette (a.k.a. Nenaine) for our annual (usually) girls' weekend. This time it was a thrill to have Janice join us for a full day of outlet shopping in Destin. As expected Edy cleaned up - pictures to follow.
When all was said and done, we never did make it to the beautiful beaches, but a good time was had by all. The best part is knowing that the next time we're in Florida we'll our own little beach bunny seeing the sand and sea for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment