Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hello Cruel World

This is my official introductory post. First of all, Not Quite Amish? Paul didn't want a generic sounding blog - enough said. Well I should also explain that shortly after we finally bring home our baby, we'll be moving again. This time we're relocating to the Cumberland Valley section of Pennsylvania. With all of the changes in our lives, the distance from friends and family and our extreme quirkiness - I feel as unique and isolated as the famously austere religious group common to our future home.
In case you don't already know us and you're still reading, here is my personal synopsis.
I am blessed with being married to my very best friend and an astoundingly good, patient, and understanding husband, Paul. We also Have a cat, Publius, who I treat like my baby.  
As I begin this blog, we're in the process of adopting a baby from China.  We are anticipating a baby girl between 10 & 18 months old. 
It's been a ridiculously long process and wait.  I am fighting Depression -- well not so much fighting as coping. I have the Fragile X genetic pre-mutation and had a hysterectomy in 2005. 
In the summer of 2010 we moved from the Dallas area to the East coast so my husband could take a fabulous job. We don't plan to really put down roots until after we're settled with the baby. In the meantime, I get very lonely because I don't know anyone out here except my husband's work friends. 
I have a wonderful, loving family that I miss very much. I am a Libertarian.  I am a non-practicing Unitarian Universalist. My cultural heritage is Catholic, Louisiana Creole (Cajun to most people).

No comments:

Post a Comment